Last month, investigators took the extraordinary step of releasing a photograph of the body of an unidentified man linked to the accused. Police released a new composite sketch earlier this week.
Police said in a news release that the man’s name won’t be made public until his next of kin have been notified.
Authorities have since asked members of the media to remove the man’s image from publication.
“Once we made the verification of next of kin, we’ll look to release the name,” Toronto police spokesperson Meaghan Gray told Global News.
McArthur, a self-employed landscaper, is facing seven charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of missing men connected to the Church-Wellesley Village.
Earlier this week, police said they have identified three more sets of human remains linked to McArthur.
VIDEO: Toronto police announce 7th murder charge against Bruce McArthur
Since his arrest in January, investigators said they have found the remains of seven people in planters at a Toronto property where McArthur used to work.
Police had previously identified three of the seven sets of remains as belonging to Andrew Kinsman, Soroush Mahmudi and Skandaraj Navaratnam.
Idsinga told reporters on Wednesday that investigators have now identified three more as belonging to Selim Esen, Dean Lisowick, and Abdulbasir Faizi.
Idsinga said investigators are now finished with the planters and no further remains have been found.
The remains of alleged victim Majeed Kayhan have not yet been identified.
Idsinga said investigators are currently reviewing 15 homicide cold cases between 1975 and 1997. He said the number is “fluid” and may “increase or decrease” as the investigation continues.
He said there is no evidence at this time to make the connection between McArthur and the cases.
VIDEO: Toronto police say 5 bodies found in planters in Bruce McArthur investigation now positively identified
—With a file from Jessica Patton
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.